Designer Gautam Gupta decodes your party look for the special evening
New Year’s Eve is one of the most magical nights of the year. For that, the best outfits are the ones that don’t hold back on charm or zeal. When a little black dress just won’t do, step up the look with fun embellishments or sexy sheer panels.
IF you really want to stand out and want to try something new and ready to experiment, this is just for you! There’s a great gender blur this time, that deliberate erosion on the runways of a once rigid demarcation between conventionally feminine and masculine clothes. It is a season of girls in roomy pants and coats, guys in slit shirtdress combos.
PARTY LOOK FOR WOMENSWEAR
You can go all sassy to sweet, sweet to sassy this new year. You can always pose a hint of attitude being sassy or ultra-feminine being sweet.
- A LBD always work: All safe and smart investment which will keep you classic with skinny belt and pumps, or just throw on your favourite statement necklace and don’t forget chic fox fur coat!
- Art Attack: Confused! Don’t worry your printed dress can work very well like a work of art for the night.
- Go for Deco: For this, you can go for foil printed body cons. Finish the look with pumps if you are in a warm climate then tights and ankle boots if it’s cold.
- One thing which is really flattering for all shapes and sizes is detailing on waist and a choice of classic black or a purple with a navy overlay will never look bad.
- A modern baby doll isn’t about an empire waist in fact go for no waist at all. It goes from day to night with just a switch of your shoes.
- Go for shiny attitude for cocktail and evening dress or gowns.
- Fabrics – Lurex , shiny fabrics, sequins, feathers, all catchy, bright and unusual – what you need to meet in 2016.
- You’ll never go wrong with sequins on New Year’s Eve, but that doesn’t mean you have to go all-out. One modest statement piece and balanced with simple accessories like your sweater matching to your pumps will work great.
PARTY LOOK FOR MENSWEAR
You can go all Suit up to off duty look this season. From tuxedos to jackets from ties to bows.
- Go all black – Actually black on black on black tuxedo.
- You can also go for colourful suit and bow- shoe wise. Whatever floats your boat. Maybe Chelsea boots or sneakers.
- You can also pair your solid handkerchief with your tux and dinner jacket.
- If you are still wondering then go classic with the safe ways: all black, white shirt and jeans.