Here are top seven reasons to watch Tanu Weds Manu Returns:
1. Entertainment. Entertainment. Entertainment. One-liners just drive you crazy. We heard people laughing their lungs out in the theatre. That really irritated shit out me. So you better behave yourself and not go wild. Put the seat belts on.
2. Brave, bold and beautiful, KanganaRanaut is a true rockstar in Tanu Weds Manu Returns. The USP of this film lies in the strength of the two characters that Kangana plays with equal aplomb. Be it NRI Tanu or Haryana’s Kusum, both the ladies are progressive, bold and independent. They embody modern Indian girls. We loved it. There are enough messages like girl education and cross-cultural marriages, but they are not preachy. So chill!
3. And when you think she offered her best in Queen, her majesty Kangana Ranaut stumps you in your face with Tanu Weds Manu Returns. She pushes the envelope right from the first frame where she leaves her loving husband in a mental asylum (You need to see the movie to find out the reason). Whistles and standing ovation for the queen bee of Bollywood!
4. If you were done with Tanu in the first movie, the Haryanvi bro Kusum will you blow off your seat! Her gutsy marathon and beautiful soul steal your heart immediately.
5. R Madhavan is making a comeback after four years. He told us he wanted to introspect, so he left his family and profession for good two years and did what he used to do when he was young. We loved the new Madhavan so much so that we thought he could have easily replaced Shahid Kapoor in Jab We Met (I have been thinking who would have done Shahid’s role if not he, though, Shahid was extraordinary in Jab We Met. Just A Thought :p) The supporting cast especially, Pappiji, is adorable!
6. Nostalgia runs through the blood of this film. From Sun Sahiba Sun to another classic song from the 60s, there are enough throwback moments to melt your heart.
7. Anand L Rai must be congratulated for keeping the script and screenplay tight. There are many characters and long story but his smart and quick jumps do not make you uncomfortable at all. Rather, you thank him for avoiding junk!